3.07.2012

INDIVIDUALISTIC STYLE: THE QUEEN CITY'S QUEEN OF STYLE


INDIVIDUALISTIC STYLE: The Queen City's Queen of STYLE 

Each week I feature someone who stands tall and is always distinct from the rest. 
There are those who set out to do this intentionally,
 and then there are those who just...

ARE.


SONYA BARNES
  CEO of The International Fashion Style Academy 
AND my personal...


Hero * Life-Preserver * Mentor...
ALL-IN-ONE STYLISH PACKAGE!



When I first came up with the name of my blog, Stumbles of a Starving Stylist, little did I know how true this would turn out to be. I just thought it was a fun play on words and would be pretty true. Well, it has been quite true...

One major business decision that had been driving me mad and only another stylist in my local market could give me relevant advice, yet no one wanted to share?
I also had no boss to run to, so after sorting through books and 
other publications with no answers, 
I practically began to rip my hair out. I wasn't sure what to do!
However, I decided to try one more approach...
I went straight to the top...

Charlotte's best known image consultant, 
Sonya Barnes of Harris & Barnes.

I emailed her with the mindset that she surely wouldn't reply given the response I had gotten from everyone else I had tried, but she called me the next day and helped me with something I had been struggling with for months! Soon thereafter, we met for coffee and I discovered she even holds seminars and international training courses for those up-and-coming stylists, such as myself. 

Of course, I didn't let her get away without asking her some of my inquisitive questions. 
When I meet with clients the first thing we do is go through a questionnaire, 
which is meant to help me get to know their personality, passions, uniqueness and quirks. 

This is by far my favorite part in the whole process. I love to learn about 
people, what drives them and what has made them who they are.
 
 I was certainly interested in what drove and inspired this dynamic and successful woman...


What gives you passion and inspires you in life?

Experiencing different cultures



Give me three words that describe your personal style.

modern, sensual, edgy



What experiences have most influenced who you are and why?

"Growing up in different cultures has made me open to everything and everyone; my upbringing opened me up the most because I lived in many places from hong kong to paris."


I am sure Sonya will have more questions to come from this STUMBLING STYLIST and I am almost positive she will have the answers!!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment